The Planning & Zoning Commission is an appointed board of citizens that serve as an advisory group to the City Council on issues and policies related to planning, land use regulation, and community development.
The Planning & Zoning Commission:
- Recommends to the City Council approval or disapproval of proposed variance requests
- Exercises control over platting or subdividing land within the corporate limits of the City
- Acts as an advisor to City Council
- Regulates and restricts the locations of buildings designed for specific uses
- Considers plats to be filed subdividing property in the City and make recommendations to approve or disapprove such plats
Meetings of the Planning & Zoning Commission are held, as needed, on a Wednesday at Noon. Meeting location is the City Council Chambers, 1829 Sam Houston, Liberty, Texas. These meetings are open to the public.
|Chris Jarmon||Assistant City Manager - Economic & Community Development||936-334-7305|
|Emily Cook||Commission Member - term expires May 2024|
|Tyler Jackson||President - term expires May 2025|
|Lindsay Lawrence||Commission Member - term expires May 2024|
|Janet Pavlock||Commission Member - term expires May 2026|
|Barry Jones||Commission Member - Term Expires 2026|
|Lauryn Lozano||Commission Member - Term Expires 2026|