1829 Sam Houston
Liberty, Texas 77575
The City Secretary handles a wide range of services and duties to the City including the City Council, City Staff, and the citizens of the community. The City Secretary is under the direct supervision of the City Manager.
Functions of the Office of City Secretary
- Develops City Council Agendas and posts meeting notices as required by the Open Meetings Act.
- Provides administrative support to the Mayor and City Council.
- Attends City Council meetings to record and take minutes of such proceedings and maintains official Council Minute Books.
- Serves as City's Election Administrator responsible for all duties relative to the conduct of municipal elections in accordance with the Texas Election Code.
- Processes public information requests in compliance with the Texas Public Information Act.
- Serves as the Administrative Officer for the Records Management Program for all City records according to the guidelines of the Texas State Library and Archives Commission.
- Certifies and attests by signature and by affixing the City Seal to all pertinent documents.
- Maintains current titles, registrations, license plates and insurance coverage for all City vehicles.
- Maintains and otherwise handles the City's property and liability insurance.
- Maintains and otherwise handles Workman's Compensation.
- Various other duties as designated by the City Council and the City Manager.